Welcome to ZorOS.org. Here some projects:
| Highlight news:|
|This is a simple script that can make a bootable USB-stick (or USD-HD) similar at Slackware installation DVD, that may contains also the packages to perform Slackware installation in computers without DVD reader. Download the script 2013/03/17|
|An example that will explain how to use common Linux programs to recover deleted images from any media support. 2013/02/10|
|In this tutorial some practical examples for who have to transfer data and webserver configuration from a dedicated Linux server to a new server. 2012/12/20|
|This tutorial provides a simple (or almost simple) experience as base for setting up a wireless access point using a PC equiped with an 802.11a or 802.11b/g WiFi card and, of course, Slackware-Linux. 2012/02/02|
| NewsZ Mediawiki extension 1.0 released: this is a true "news aggregator" that browse the subcategories and allows users to create tables with lists of News per Category, limited to n elements with thumbnails preview. New features: news are listed per date, also. 2012/01/08|
| If you wish to install the skin used in this wiki (Wolfbane skin, modified by zoros) you can download it here, now. Two skin versions ready to download: classic green and blue/aqua version. Read more ... 2011/01/28|
| I'm happy to annouce this new release: ZorOS passes directly to version 4.0, that is fully reviewed and now it can handle both 32 and 64 bit systems. This new version is still marked as "Beta", because not tried in many PCs, but seem very stable. Zoros. 2011/01/28|
| RemiX diskless is a complete and powerful graphical remote client system. Info and docs about the thin client version, suitable to install to ATA-flash disks of most graphical terminals. 2011/01/28||
|| ZorOS is a bootable CD/USB that contains a classical set of recovery programs, localized in 7 languages: English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Slovenian. It is "all in RAM" system, with dialog box and scripts to automate installations.
- This ISO is based on 12.2 Slackware (CD or USB-stick bootable tools).
- Language is choice at boot time. Inside ISO a script to set default language and also extract devel tree (to rebuild a custom system).
| RemiX (remote X) diskless is a complete and powerful graphical remote client system.
- Xserver autoconfiguration and other auto-detection tools
- possibility of customization of single thin client
- local resources shared and accessible from desktop client
- Linux desktop client and Windows desktop clients (multi boot)
- remote audio (both systems)
- user client messages localization (English, Italian at this time)
- automatic install script inside
- installable also to USB-stick
- very speedy installation procedures (2 to 4 minutes per client)
- power-on to login screen time: 15 seconds (typical for 800MHz, 128MB RAM)
- button power off ACPI